1. A recent bout of illness had me watching more daytime tv than I’m used to. I was disturbed by the number of ads for ‘payday loans’ and similar with APRs of 2000+%. How did we get to be a nation where that sort of trade thrives?
2. When did Christians decide it was acceptable to lie? I heard a bloke (an American) on Revelation TV the other declaring confidently that ‘the Left’ were behind the financial crash and that the Obama administration is a ‘hard Left’ outfit intent on destroying America’s freedom. Lunacy.
3. How come we’re so blasé about the incredible technology that’s now part of our mobile phones? We ought to be astonished every time we pick the things up.
4. The latest storyline in Doctor Who is a real return to form. Tonight’s episide was stonking!
5. Can I have the joy of blogging back please?