Christian Piatt, writing in today’s Church Times. These are the clichés; Piatt offers some commentary too.
1. Everything happens for a reason.
2. He/She is in a better place.
3. Have you asked Jesus into your heart?
4. Do you accept Jesus as your personal Lord and Saviour?
5. Jesus died for your sins.
6. Love the sinner, hate the sin.
7. The Bible clearly says …
8. God needed another angel in heaven, so he called him/her home.
9. Are you saved?
10. The Lord never gives someone more than they can handle.